Friday, December 30, 2011

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
Google Sites is a great place to keep everything contained.  
I would like to add Blogger to my arsenal so students will have a place to leave comments about discussions.  
Google Docs will certainly be my recommendation for group presentations so that absences are irrelevant when it comes to presentation day.
Wallwisher looks like it will be fun to use to organize big projects or simply to show students HOW to organize something (classification).

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
With the technology we'll be receiving I'll have to plan on using more technology.
I don't think my classroom vision has really changed.  I think it's finally being realized!
I'll need to allow more time for technology instruction before tech-based assignments.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
No unexpected outcomes really - after completing 23 Things this is more like a review/update for me.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Haylee! All finished. What a great feeling for you to get it done ahead of schedule!
    And it was good for me that you were finished early as you were a savior on Tuesday helping trouble shooting staff members and netbooks. Thank you very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to be finished!

    If anyone needs more help and you're unavailable feel free to send them my way.

    I'm glad I could be productive and helpful. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't be surprised that you are finished before I can even find time to read your blog! Have you taken a look at Today's Meet as a great set? You could have a question up on the Activboard and have table groups respond and then share the comments on the activboard. Anyway, congrats on being done!

    ReplyDelete